Anyhow, we arrived Friday morning at 7am. The first mission was to find a hostel. I am pretty relaxed about not making reservations beforehand, I just like to know where at least one hostel is. At 3, I dragged out of my bunk-bed, finally ready to see the city.
Cabildo (the city hall in colonial times)
Separation of church and state? At the main cathedral next to the Cabildo
A Jesuit church. Does the altar look at all like Hollywood Squares to anyone else?
Shrine to Mary at the Basilica
Seeing the Cordoba Symphonic Orchestra at the San Martin TeatroWe were slightly bummed about potentially not seeing any political protests that might happen in Buenos Aires over the weekend because of the elections. However, coming back one evening, we came face to face with a street protest. I was nervous, since the guys at the front of the protest had covered faces, which is usually a sign that they are going to be violent and are protecting their identities.
They were also throwing firecrackers into the street, setting off car alarms. We retreated inside of our hostel and watched the street protest from the 2nd floor balcony. 
Small fail: the arts fair was not open since it was elections day and all Argentines are required to vote.
La CaƱada, the river that bisects the city.