Friday, January 29, 2010

Cologne, Germany

Heellooooo partial motherland!

This was the view from the top of:


The small dots are people. I forget how many stairs there were exactly, but my butt could probably tell you.
Small window in the stairwell coming down. I opted not to record the stairs because it is easier to black out those sorts of memories.

It wasn't particularly exciting on the inside. It was extremely big, but wasn't exceptionally ornate (the outside was infinitely more ornate).



I traveled to Cologne with 7 other people in my program, all from the same university. It got rather hectic at times coordinating 8 people around one city (the hostel was interesting...to say the least), but it was fun. Mostly we walked around in the frigid cold, such as seeing Koln's huuuuge cathdral (which is the oldest thing in the city since everything was bombed during WWII) and shopping. We went out drinking at this homey little pub next to the Rhine river.Also in the itinerary was seeing the Lindt chocolate factory.


And you can't be in Germany without getting political. Thanks Nazi group, whatever you might be saying.



Next place: Bruges, Belgium